We are going to tell you about a "shocking" new experience we had on our field trip to the Springville Power Plant. We got to see and do a lot of things. We learned that it takes a lot of machines to power Springville. We also learned that if you need to dig a hole in yard, first call 811 so you don't hit a power line. We got to see what would happen if you touched a power line. They used a pickle, grape, hot dog and a banana to show us, and they all caught on fire! We also got to play or lots of things. We got to ride a bike and light up light bulbs with our energy. We got to be shocked by static electricity by a thing called a Van De Graff generator. We also got to tour all of the big, shiny machines that power Springville. At the end we got cookies, drink, and color changing pencils. We had so much fun at the power plant.
Elle, Laura, and Grayson